Similar to the transition from Runescape classic to Runescape 2; Runescape 3 is a large set of updates for Runescape 2 set to come this summer.
Some changes that are rumored to be included are:
- Multiple Characters per Account.
- The game becoming more narrative-based, with greater influence on storylines with general gameplay.
- Large amounts of involvement with the Gods.
"High risk, high return gameplay to combat gambling."
- Rework to summoning, including changes to the pet system, general leveling, usefulness of familiars and returns on investments.
- Updates to agility, changing in relationship between energy, running and agility.
- Long-term updates to runecrafting, fletching and other skills in relation to players making their own equipment and ammunition.
- High Fidelity Sound.
- Graphical updates - Includes increased draw distance, "real skies", weather effects, dynamic shadows, real time reflects, a new water shader, lighting effects & richer colour palette as mentioned in Runescape Behind The Scenes Video 48.
- Customizable Interfaces.
- A Clothes editing system, allowing players to dress themselves as they wish.
You can play RuneScape here.